A few snippets of LucasArts news have gone unreported... until now!
1. The words "MONKEY ISLAND" are currently on the LucasArts homepage
! In a survey! In a survey for "least likely E3 game announcement".
2. A new Star Wars game was released. Empire at War
is LucasArts latest stab at an RTS title. It was developed by Petroglyph who house a number of the Westwood Studios alumni. The game has garnered generally positive reviews, but appears to lack that spark that would make it into a classic of the genre.
3. Yippee! One of the most anticipated Star Wars games since the original Knights of the Old Republc, LEGO Star Wars
is on its way. Lots of gaming sites are redistributing the LucasArts articles
and new screenshots are appearing regularly. The forthcoming Original Trilogy LEGO Star Wars game will feature a number of improvements over its predecessor, including the ability to mix and match parts to create your own playable minifig character (including the ability to import the 50 or so characters from the first game). The vehicle levels are no longer rail shooters. And the bonus kits are flyable / drivable this time around.
4. E3's coming up. No doubt LEGO Star Wars and the next Indiana Jones game will be demoed. Expect another anouncement or two, perhaps another Mercenaries game. And another Star Wars game, possibly one based on the exploits of Darth Vader between episodes III and IV.
5. Some stuff is happening with the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies
. It's either being dumbed down
or being made more interesting and fun
, depending on which side you are listening to.