All the "LucasArts' Secret History" articles back online

15 Feb, 2012, 22:30 | Posted by: Remi

You asked; you donated; we delivered, because that's just how great we are. All the "LucasArts' Secret History" articles are now back online:

For heaven's sake don't read this when you can read that. That's much more interesting!

Comment by: Jeff | Posted 20 Feb, 2012, 22:30 | Quote
    Awesome! These are probably my favorite pieces of Mojo content.
    Comment by: mrcolinp | Posted 18 Feb, 2012, 20:17 | Quote

Gabez

Haha, I got in touch because I loved the Maniac Mansion one so much (I'm a sucker for a bloody chainsaw), and wanted to be a part of it. I get probably two emails a year from people asking permission to get the Grim piece as a tattoo, but no one's followed through with it that I'm aware of. This Kotaku piece about the Grim art just came up in my Google Alerts:

And, because people never shut up about it, I just put it up for sale as a poster in my store!
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 17 Feb, 2012, 16:23 | Quote

Gabez

Remi: I found the original CMI header which was done by Paco. Ironically it's so good it looks like it was lifted from the game. Also available in super high res: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~pemb3537/monkeyisland_large.jpg

Ah man, I actually thought it was just a shot ripped from CMI.

Paco's art and honor have now been restored.
    Comment by: Gabez | Posted 17 Feb, 2012, 09:25 | Quote
    Jake: there is, as well as a cool making of by the artist Colin on his web-site: http://colinpee.blogspot.com/2009/08/mixnmojo-illustration-3-grim-fandango.html

Comment by: Remi | Posted 17 Feb, 2012, 02:52 | Quote

Jake

Is there a wallpaper-res version of that Grim retrospective header image anywhere?

Gabzo would be the one to know, but that's one of my favorites too.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 17 Feb, 2012, 02:32 | Quote

Gabez

I seem to remember someone pulling out at the last minute for the SoMI header so I had to pull something "out of the bag". This led to Colin joining the team because he was all "if that's the type of shit you're pumping out on these articles, let me try instead!" Can't remember seeing that CMI one though, and I have no recollection of trying to get a header for that one.

I… might have done the header swap twice. :~ Second header was by Ado.
    Comment by: Jake | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 23:59 | Quote
    Comment by: Gabez | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 23:37 | Quote
    Comment by: Jayel | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 20:04 | Quote
    Oh hey if Gabez doesn't mind, then I don't mind.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 19:30 | Quote

Jayel

Hmm, I could've sworn that the original SOMI article had a different header art.

And your swearing is correct. The only thing we had for it was an... eclectic... piece by Gabez. So we switched it out with one of your old pieces of TSB fan art. Hope you don't mind!
    Comment by: Jayel | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 19:16 | Quote
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 17:31 | Quote

AlfredJ

I'd be willing to create 100 twitter accounts for that.

Deal!
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 16:29 | Quote

MrManager

clone2727

So... when is Mojo having their own fundraiser to get the rest of all the old features back online?

We were thinking of doing something tiered with Twitter.

50 new followers: Five more features will be added.

100 new followers: Jason will give us a video review of RTX.

I'd be willing to create 100 twitter accounts for that.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 16:00 | Quote

clone2727

We were thinking of doing something tiered with Twitter.

50 new followers: Five more features will be added.

100 new followers: Jason will give us a video review of RTX.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 02:53 | Quote
    Th existence of this series is justified by the header art.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 16 Feb, 2012, 01:09 | Quote

clone2727

We're actually about to launch a Kickstarter to raise money to not have the articles that are currently up taken back down.
    Comment by: clone2727 | Posted 15 Feb, 2012, 23:44 | Quote
    Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 15 Feb, 2012, 22:52 | Quote
    It was about time!
    Comment by: Kroms | Posted 15 Feb, 2012, 22:47 | Quote
    Gosh, I'd forgotten about that interview I did with my two cousins. They were so young then. I wonder how they'd feel playing MI2 or CMI now, hmm.
    Comment by: Thrik | Posted 15 Feb, 2012, 22:44 | Quote