Vote for Mojo Game of the Year

17 Dec, 2015, 17:52 | Posted by: A Pirate! Yar!

So here we are: Your chance to choose which game will hit the top of what experts call the pinnacle of end of year polls. The one the developers all crave, nay, long for. Mojo. Game. Of. The. Year.

For those with taste the choice is either Broken Age or Tales from the Borderlands, of course; for others it might be Star Wars: Battlefront. But who are we to judge you? We and you should judge games instead Vote! Log in and click that poll on the right there!

(Doesn't work for you? Zaarin is totally fixing it!)

Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 29 Dec, 2015, 04:03 | Quote

St_Eddie

The twist was there to show how the various towns had been manipulated into doing the Thrush's bidding. I agree that perhaps some comeuppance would have been nice, though.
    Comment by: St_Eddie | Posted 27 Dec, 2015, 14:36 | Quote

ThunderPeel2001

She wasn't "grandma", she was just someone help organize the Maiden's Feast.

Oh, okay. I've only played the game once and I must have missed a line of dialogue and simply assumed that she was Vella's Grandmother (what with her being in Vella's house and all). I think my point still stands though. If you never got to confront Non-Grandma and she was shown as sneaking off, getting away scott free, then what was the point of the twist?

Was it intended as sequel-bait for a sequel that'll more than likely, never happen or was M Night Shyamalan consulted during the design phase?

Either way, they're relatively minor complaints. Overall, I very much enjoyed 'Broken Age', though, like I said, I found it a tad disappointing (given Schafer's prior, stunning and virtually faultless, adventure titles).
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 26 Dec, 2015, 23:41 | Quote
    The poll has finally been fixed, for anyone wondering.
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 26 Dec, 2015, 23:40 | Quote
    She wasn't "grandma", she was just someone help organize the Maiden's Feast.
    Comment by: St_Eddie | Posted 25 Dec, 2015, 18:53 | Quote
    I voted for 'Broken Age'. I actually prefer 'Grim Fandango' as a game but that's not a new game (despite some added bells and whistles), so it would have felt wrong voting for it as Mojo Game of the Year - 2015. GotY - 1998, absolutely but not 2015.

Honestly, I found 'Broken Age' to be a tad disappointing because...

1/ I feel that it's Tim Schafer's weakest adventure title.

2/ I really think that there needed to be a whole host of properly new locations in Act 2 (as opposed to reused -albeit altered - locations from Act 1).

3/ I didn't think that the plot made a whole lot of sense at times. For example; why exactly did Shay's parents not interact with him directly whilst he was growing up?! I know that some fans have come up with... excuses for this but really, it all reeked a little bit of LOST-syndrome (the creative team making it up as they went along).

4/ What the frak was the point of the Grandma being revealed as being in on the evil plan? I mean, it's not like Vella ever got to confront her over this. In fact, the end credits sequence showed the Grandmother sneaking off, getting away scott free! What was the point of that twist?! Again... LOST-syndrome.

5/ That f**king hex-pal puzzle. The one and only time that I had to resort to using a walkthrough during my playthrough.

...However, overall, 'Broken Age' was one of the better adventure titles of recent years (tied 2nd place with 'Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect', behind my number one recent adventure game, 'Broken Sword V'. Hence it gets my Mojo vote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Threepwood4life - Thanks for the info regarding 'Thimbleweed Park'. It's looking very good indeed. Although, your link doesn't actually work. For those whom are interested, the correct link is as follows...
    'Thimbleweed Park' Preview
    Comment by: Zaarin | Posted 25 Dec, 2015, 17:35 | Quote
    What are you talking about? It's totally working. ;
    Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 22 Dec, 2015, 20:36 | Quote
    In case anyone doesn't know, IGN has a 18 minute video of Thimbleweed Park http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/12/22/18-minutes-of-thimbleweed-park-ign-first?%20hub%20page%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=1
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 22 Dec, 2015, 18:46 | Quote
    Error! Come on, Zaarin! :)