Thimbleweed Park hits your record player

14 Feb, 2018, 19:30 | Posted by: Remi | Source: Ronzo

We have a good reputation of being "hep and with it" here at Mojo, and therefore we’re all about the vinyl. Just like the kids. Therefore I’m sure you, the discerning reader, as us, will be over the Thimbleweed Park double-LP, which you can purchase right now. I mean, right now!

Comment by: Bloodnose | Posted 22 Feb, 2018, 15:49 | Quote
    If the Thimbleweed Park soundtrack was recorded on analog equipment, I'll eat my three-cornered hat
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 16 Feb, 2018, 16:04 | Quote

shuv-oohl

Ah yes, people and their love for old inferior styles of audio recording.

Vinyl is actually superior to digital when playing recordings created with analog equipment, since it is an analog format. The conversion from analog to digital causes a loss of some audio fidelity.

shuv-oohl

I hope one day cassette tapes make a comeback like records.

Cassette tapes are popular distribution methods among some independent bands. However, due to the fact that it's an easy format for audio degradation via sun exposure or the tape getting caught in the gears of a cassette player, it'll never really make a comeback like vinyl has.
    Comment by: shuv-oohl | Posted 16 Feb, 2018, 03:57 | Quote

Remi

shuv-oohl

I hope one day cassette tapes make a comeback like records.

So yeah, that's already a thing with "the kids" who clearly never lived through the dark pencil-spooling-tape era.

Lol, I could see myself getting a cassette tape and listening, thinking “it’s not too bad, why did we stop using these?” Then I would want to listen to a specific track, and after fast forwarding and rewinding for 30 seconds I would throw it away.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 15 Feb, 2018, 16:15 | Quote

shuv-oohl

I hope one day cassette tapes make a comeback like records.

Comment by: shuv-oohl | Posted 15 Feb, 2018, 16:07 | Quote
    Ah yes, people and their love for old inferior styles of audio recording.

I hope one day cassette tapes make a comeback like records.

I’d buy this one, but I don’t own a car with a record player, and my phone won’t play .vinyl
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 15 Feb, 2018, 04:56 | Quote
    I'll most likely end up getting this. I've actually grabbed all of the Terrible Toybox merch by fangamer so far, so there's no reason to stop now.