The Curse of Monkey Island theme, CD quality style

25 Mar, 2018, 00:00 | Posted by: Remi

Once in a while, not often, but once in a while, Zaarin chooses to open his treasure box, and share some of the morsels he has hidden in it. Like today, when he has decided to rain upon you a classic song: The Curse of Monkey Island theme, in glorious CD quality sound. Feel free to grab an MP3, or YouTube it.

And you're welcome!

Comment by: Rum_Rogers | Posted 27 Mar, 2018, 00:29 | Quote

shuv-oohl

Wasnt CMI one of those games where when you put the disc in a CD player, it would play the music tracks? Or am I crazy?

Not really, unfortunately. That was only possible with the enhanced CD version of The Secret of Monkey Island.
    Comment by: shuv-oohl | Posted 27 Mar, 2018, 00:21 | Quote
    Comment by: Scummbuddy | Posted 26 Mar, 2018, 22:14 | Quote
    If there even is any, would Michael Land or another possibly have the audio/voice from the missing cutscene from Guybrush Kicks Butt? Where Elaine stops the rollercoaster from turning Guybrush into a skeleton by voodoo and lava? Or perhaps it was just without voice but just soundfx.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 25 Mar, 2018, 20:10 | Quote

AndywinXp

I made a check, this is actually a Variable BitRate mp3 so it is HIGHER than what I said before, and I mean A LOT higher! Thanks again!

Yep, VBR MP3. Maybe I should’ve made a mention of it, but as I have no clue what it actually means, I didn’t. :~

Zaarin really should post these things but he’s making me do it.
    Comment by: AndywinXp | Posted 25 Mar, 2018, 19:43 | Quote
    Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 25 Mar, 2018, 10:21 | Quote
    Love the URL to the MP3... more to come?

@Remi: Also, did you contact Telarium about this stuff? Hot tip: You should.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 25 Mar, 2018, 01:00 | Quote

AndywinXp

Too bad it's just 128 kbps (I assume you received it "as is")... :( But it's still awesome as heck! Thanks thanks thanks!

Legend tells of files with even higher quality. If we can find them is another story. :~
    Comment by: AndywinXp | Posted 25 Mar, 2018, 00:30 | Quote