Telltale is officially finished

15 Nov, 2018, 14:38 | Posted by: Remi | Source: Variety

Reported all over the web (and in timely fashion at Mojo a day later), Telltale is now truly and fully dead. Games are disappearing from Steam, though are, for now, still to be found for purchase on GOG. If you already have bought them, you can still download them, and I’m sure you’ve already read Jason’s PSA on how to keep your purchases secure.

Either way, Telltale assets are being liquidated, so we'll see soon enough what ends up where.

Comment by: Kroms | Posted 20 Nov, 2018, 12:20 | Quote
    Still bummed.
    Comment by: neon_git | Posted 17 Nov, 2018, 20:23 | Quote

Rum_Rogers

Bad Asp!

Must... not... get... discouraged...

Comment by: Rum_Rogers | Posted 17 Nov, 2018, 18:05 | Quote

Bad Asp!

Must... not... get... discouraged...

Comment by: Bad Asp! | Posted 17 Nov, 2018, 17:01 | Quote

Rum_Rogers

Bad Asp!

Already purchased the Sam and Max games, but it would be great if Double Fine could pick up the license and give our freelance police some love!

Oh, I almost forgot, more of LucasArts' back catalog is now on Steam, including Hit the Road!

I'm glad you finally accepted S&M:FP will never see the light of day, mate.

Must... not... get... discouraged...
    Comment by: Rum_Rogers | Posted 17 Nov, 2018, 12:46 | Quote

Bad Asp!

I'm glad you finally accepted S&M:FP will never see the light of day, mate.
    Comment by: Bad Asp! | Posted 17 Nov, 2018, 04:50 | Quote

Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 21:03 | Quote

fco

Scummbuddy

I guess I'll finally listen to Jason and finish getting the installers now from TellTales site. They do appear to still be up.

i'm trying but all I get is an "unsecure website" warning whenever try to get to telltale.com. anyone else having this issue?

It's a Symantec legacy certificate issue. You can get around it by clicking to view the site anyway.
    Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 21:00 | Quote

fco

Scummbuddy

I don't. Might be a thing with your web browser (settings) or firewall? Hope you get to get your games :)
    Comment by: fco | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 20:38 | Quote

Scummbuddy

Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 11:46 | Quote

Jason

I wonder if Lucasfilm will buy the assets to Tales. Seems like it would be a cheap get, and what other company would it be of use to?

I wonder if the assets default to them?
    Also... even if they do get them, would they ever use them anyway?
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 00:08 | Quote

Remi

Jason

The International House of Mojo, LLC?

Ours feels more like a "Telltale Texas Hold'em" sized wallet.
    Comment by: Scummbuddy | Posted 16 Nov, 2018, 00:06 | Quote
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 15 Nov, 2018, 22:20 | Quote

Jason

The International House of Mojo, LLC?
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 15 Nov, 2018, 22:16 | Quote
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 15 Nov, 2018, 19:49 | Quote

elTee

Assets? You mean, the desks and computers and stuff?

I'm sure people are standing in line to get their hands on the Telltale Engine. :~
    Comment by: elTee | Posted 15 Nov, 2018, 19:14 | Quote
    Assets? You mean, the desks and computers and stuff?