Monkey Island: Special Edition Collection cover art!

08 Sep, 2011, 19:30 | Posted by: Zaarin

Thanks to forumer Threepwood4life we now have images of both the front and back of the cover of Friday's release of Monkey Island: Special Edition on disc in Europe! Mojo is apparently quoted on the back! (Why else do you think we posted them?)

Updated: Large image thanks to Alex IDV! Discuss this on our forums.

Comment by: Jason | Posted 11 Sep, 2011, 13:44 | Quote

custard

Gabez

elTee

custard

Tried to buy this in GAME (UK) today, they had it but it wasn't on the system and wouldn't scan at the till, so they couldn't sell it to me :(

That's the first puzzle of the game ;-)

Do you want a hint? You need to have picked up the bowl of crab livers first, then use it with something you should already have in your inventory.

I think you guys are playing on Mega Monkey mode, I was just going to steal it!

That will work, but it will show up among your list of transgressions on the Phatt Island wanted poster.
    Comment by: custard | Posted 11 Sep, 2011, 11:18 | Quote

Gabez

elTee

custard

That's the first puzzle of the game ;-)

I think you guys are playing on Mega Monkey mode, I was just going to steal it!
    Comment by: Gabez | Posted 10 Sep, 2011, 10:44 | Quote

elTee

custard

That's the first puzzle of the game ;-)

Comment by: Gabez | Posted 10 Sep, 2011, 10:43 | Quote

Shmargin

I also want to point out that I think its pretty cool mojo gets a quote on the back. Is that the first time Mojo has appeared on a game box? Sounds like a big deal to me. All 15 of the readers here should be fucking excited!

As far as I know, yeah. We were also thanked in the A Vampyre Story credits (both in the manual and in-game), so it's not the first time people have wasted ink on us, but a box quote is particularly good.
    Comment by: Shmargin | Posted 09 Sep, 2011, 22:46 | Quote
    Comment by: Jayel | Posted 09 Sep, 2011, 22:45 | Quote
    I think I'll just print out the cover and use it on steam backup dvd case. savvy consumer I am.
    Comment by: elTee | Posted 09 Sep, 2011, 19:44 | Quote

custard

That's the first puzzle of the game ;-)
    Comment by: custard | Posted 09 Sep, 2011, 16:32 | Quote
    Comment by: Rapp Scallion | Posted 09 Sep, 2011, 11:14 | Quote
    Don't get why LeChuck looks like an asian lizard, but the Guybrush on the cover looks really good IMO! He should have looked like that in game.
    Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 22:10 | Quote

Laserschwert

But speech is English only I guess?

Threepwood4life

it can be installed and played in French, Italian, German and Spanish

Yes, Speech is only in English.
    Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 22:02 | Quote
    But speech is English only I guess?

Threepwood4life

it can be installed and played in French, Italian, German and Spanish

Comment by: Shmargin | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 20:34 | Quote
    Is there a US release for this? Or am I gonna import it?

I generally prefer digital distro now a days, but I'd buy this just for nostalgic purposes.
    Comment by: Diduz | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 20:23 | Quote

Threepwood4life

Also just to let people know about languages as soon as you put the disc in your PC the autorun will appear and you can select a language just before you install the game in, it can be installed and played in French, Italian, German and Spanish

Oh, I had just sent you a PM about this!
    Thanks anyway!
    No PC edition here in Italy. We have to go with PS3 and Xbox 360, according to Activision... well, I'll guess Play.Com will help me out. :-P
    Comment by: Alex IDV | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 20:15 | Quote
    Bigger pic:
    Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 20:04 | Quote
    I have bigger versions I can send them onto Gabez

Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 08 Sep, 2011, 20:01 | Quote
    Any chance for bigger shots so that we can actually read the text?