Mojo Turns 20: The Most Liked Game Ever Poll!

12 Sep, 2017, 15:02 | Posted by: A Pirate! Yar!

That's right. 20. Twenty. That is either awesome or depressing depending on your point of view; quite probably both. And what better way to celebrate/mourn than to kick it off with The Most Liked Game Ever Poll?

This is a bit different than your typical favorite game survey. Here you get a curated list of games we cover, and you have three options for each one: like, dislike, or indifferent/haven't played. The goal is to find what games most of our three readers like. And dislike, because we're all about being as surly as we are expected to be.

So head over and vote! No Mojo account required, because that is how we roll now. Be part of history and decide what Mojo's most liked game is!

NB! No history will be written. But vote anyway.

Comment by: Remi | Posted 15 Sep, 2017, 14:45 | Quote

Kolzig

I tried to be a voter, but got this:

Consider that a gentle hint we don't want your vote.

No, give it another shot -- I tried it a couple of times, and it worked fine for me. Could have been a server glitch.
    Comment by: Kolzig | Posted 15 Sep, 2017, 04:34 | Quote
    I tried to be a voter, but got this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mojodb.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 14 Sep, 2017, 11:43 | Quote

Remi

Now you pray. Then you try again.

(Or additionally give me your email address, so I can verify it at least went through our side of things.)

I've already tried again 2 times. How do I give you my email address? (I don't want to post it here.)
    Thank you for offering help, anyway.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 13 Sep, 2017, 14:41 | Quote

ThunderPeel2001

Why is it a different poll? Aren't our suggestions just the same poll, but more accurate results? :)

The survey measures two outcomes, like or dislike. The third default option filters out those who don't or can't have an opinion on it. In other words, "overlooked" is not something we're measuring. Again, we could have, but we chose not to.

Javier Tolstoi

The link is not even in my spam folder, and my submission was 13 h ago! What do I do now?

Now you pray. Then you try again.

Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 13 Sep, 2017, 14:14 | Quote

Also, you might need to make sure your SPF records are all configured. Running the email through Litmus should give you a pointer as where things are going awry. There's no real reason they should go into spam.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 13 Sep, 2017, 14:14 | Quote

Javier Tolstoi

Do you use Gmail? Sometimes it sends random work e-mails to my promotional or social folder instead of my main one.
    Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 13 Sep, 2017, 08:29 | Quote
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 20:02 | Quote

AlfredJ

You fiend!

(And everybody else, check your spam folder if you don't see a mail. Apparently Gmail spam filters work differently for different people. ¬)
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 19:32 | Quote
    Update 2 (since I know people are on the edge of their seats):

Voted the hell out of this. Definitely a lot of Star Wars games I never played. Also I felt really bad about clicking on a couple of :('s in the Ron Gilbert section. At least I liked The Cave and Thimbleweed Park!
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 19:24 | Quote
    Update: turns out it went straight into my spam folder.

Don't take it personally, gmail is the bad guy here.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 19:19 | Quote
    I tried twice but I didn't get my magic login mail :(

That's 33% of your readership not being able to vote right there.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 17:59 | Quote
    What you both are describing would be a very different poll. Nothing wrong with doing it that way, mind you, but this is how we decided to do it. ;
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 17:20 | Quote
    I agree with ThunderPeel about breaking up indifferent and haven't played into two categories, because there were a lot of games in there that I actually have played but have mixed feelings about. But yeah, cool idea and I've submitted my votes. :)
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 12 Sep, 2017, 15:44 | Quote
    Wow. This has just shown me how many games I haven't played! Not sure it was a good ideal to put "Haven't Played" with "Indifferent", they're two very different things, after all.

Separating them out to a "Not really played it properly" and a "I've played it, but I'm indifferent", might give us an idea of which games have been completely overlooked. Just my 2c.

Interested to learn the results, though!!