Listen to Ransome curse like it's going out of fashion

01 Mar, 2018, 23:16 | Posted by: Remi

It's up to you to decide if it's worth the $1.99 they downright demand for it -- I mean, that is half a day without coffee -- but if you want to, Thimbleweed Park now has a "Ransome Unbeeped" patch on Steam and GOG. No longer will you have to suffer the clown's beep, but rather hear a naughty word. Grab it at your favorite service if you so like.

Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 12 Mar, 2018, 10:07 | Quote
    Well I got the patch and I have to say that I found the casual swearing much funnier than the beeps. It really works for me, to my surprise.
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 08 Mar, 2018, 01:20 | Quote

Bloodnose

Maybe I'd buy it for an eventual second playthrough...? I still have to finish the game for the first time :)

Same with me. I started playing on Mac, but I held out for the Switch release. I've been playing that one on and off since there's so many good games on Switch, but I'll get around to finishing it.

So, for me the Switch will be the playthrough with the beeps, since the non-PC versions won't get the swear patch due to ratings issues. I'll most likely test the swear patch out just for the heck of it when I replay it on Mac.
    Comment by: Bloodnose | Posted 06 Mar, 2018, 17:58 | Quote
    I get why some would want it, but I won't be buying. The beeps are what they intended and it's a part of the humor and atmosphere of the game that I like.

Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 05 Mar, 2018, 01:07 | Quote

Scott S

Jones Jr

Does anyone know if you can toggle the beeps back on with this?

You have to turn on the swearing each time should you want it, it's not a "sticky" option. So the answer is yes.

Thanks!
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 04 Mar, 2018, 13:19 | Quote
    Anyone played without the beeps? I have a feeling it's funnier WITH...
    Comment by: Scott S | Posted 04 Mar, 2018, 12:20 | Quote

Jones Jr

Does anyone know if you can toggle the beeps back on with this?

Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 04 Mar, 2018, 07:57 | Quote
    Does anyone know if you can toggle the beeps back on with this?
    Comment by: Scummbuddy | Posted 03 Mar, 2018, 23:26 | Quote
    My yet-to-play this game has payed off. :D