Indy3 now on GOG.com

30 Dec, 2016, 18:31 | Posted by: Jason | Source: GOG

Sure, the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade graphic adventure has been available from Steam since forever, but I know you kids love things that are DRM-free, so consider yourselves accommodated. And just like the Steam version, you get the unabridged Grail Diary in all its .pdf glory.

There was a time when GOG was releasing LEC games more regularly, then that all stopped, and if you think that wasn't the consequence of a sinister, labyrinthine conspiracy, get a clue. But does the unceremonious appearance of Last Crusade signal that the seal has been broken again? We still need Monkey Island 3 and 4 up there, bare minimum.

Comment by: Nor Treblig | Posted 06 Jan, 2017, 20:30 | Quote

OzzieMonkey

I'm willing to bet Disney are planning to see how Full throttle does and remaster them if it sells enough. They don't need it as much, but I'd love to see those beautiful Tiller backdrops in Hi-Res. Escape with mouse control would be great too.

CoMI Remastered - now with Classic mode :-)

I won't be angry if they add commentary but beside that they don't really need to change anything, just release it (they also kept Grim Fandango in 4:3, so even that shouldn't be a problem).

Double Fine proved with GF they could also do MI4 without bigger problems (also ResidualVM supports MI4 quite well).
    Comment by: OzzieMonkey | Posted 31 Dec, 2016, 08:48 | Quote

Jones Jr

Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 31 Dec, 2016, 02:08 | Quote
    To give GOG some credit, it wasn't entirely unceremonious. There was a bit of fanfare.
    But Jason raises a good point... where are Monkey Island 3 and 4? You know, other than the iratepay aybay or YeBay...
    Comment by: Nor Treblig | Posted 30 Dec, 2016, 23:08 | Quote

Jason

Bloodnose

Anyway. The best buy is easily Zak because it's the FM-Towns version!

With the EGA version included! That's the proper way to sell these. I wish they would have done the same with Loom.

Zak is a perfect release! (sans newspaper)

Sadly Indy3 is VGA only, i.e. EGA and FM-Towns (audio tracks!) are not included (yet).
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 30 Dec, 2016, 20:15 | Quote

Bloodnose

Anyway. The best buy is easily Zak because it's the FM-Towns version!

Comment by: Bloodnose | Posted 30 Dec, 2016, 19:57 | Quote
    Maybe I'm a fool but I've been buying all of these on GOG even though I already own physical versions. There's some solace in having DRM-Free versions that are easy to install and run on modern systems. (And yes, I know they're all running on ScummVM, that's why I said maybe I'm crazy)

Anyway. The best buy is easily Zak because it's the FM-Towns version!