If we had a forum again, would you use it?

04 Apr, 2018, 21:48 | Posted by: Remi

We don’t know if forums are still "a thing," so we ask the question: "If we had a forum again, would you use it?"

Where to vote? Twitter. And/or voice your opinion in the comments.

Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 14 May, 2018, 17:10 | Quote
    51%! Brexit means Brexit!
    Comment by: Cyrus | Posted 28 Apr, 2018, 07:46 | Quote
    Yeah, definitely!!!
    Comment by: Kolzig | Posted 15 Apr, 2018, 04:49 | Quote
    I would definitely visit Mojo forums if that came back one way or the other.
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 10 Apr, 2018, 18:27 | Quote
    I might pop in now and again like I do here - would the forum use the same account as the main site or would a new account be needed?
    Comment by: Zaarin | Posted 07 Apr, 2018, 19:42 | Quote
    Discourse is out of the question as it would require us to get a bigger VM and doing that for a forum should be unnecessary. We'll most likely go for phpBB as it runs on the same stack as Mojo itself and has an importer for the old vBulletin software Lucasforums ran on.

Not saying we'll be able to import the old Mojo forums, but we'll give it a go. ;
    Comment by: valkian | Posted 07 Apr, 2018, 15:02 | Quote
    If it were to comeback, I would recommend using Discourse. It's open source, so there should be a way to get it for free. It's the system Ron implemented for the Thimbleweed Park forum and it's quite a step forward from the dark ages of technology in which most old forums existed. https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/
    Comment by: Duffadash | Posted 06 Apr, 2018, 21:48 | Quote
    Definitely. I miss the LucasArts forums as a main hub for discussion. Given that no other community hub have taken over since then, with the closest possibly being the ScummVM forums, I'd definitely say we need a central place for discussions.
    Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 17:54 | Quote

Javier Tolstoi

Absolutely! I'm personally a German 15-year-old who has missed the Golden Days (tm) and I'd be so glad to have the opportunity of a community! (Hey, that rhymed.) However, please revive the forums. Oh, and one more point: Forums are are a great thing for nerds like us, because we can communicate about topics we love without much effort and strain.

(I don't have Twitter)
    Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 17:11 | Quote
    Comment by: Manbrush | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 12:09 | Quote
    More forum please
    Comment by: Rum_Rogers | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 12:05 | Quote
    I used to lurk a lot there, now I'd be participating actively. Bring it back!
    Comment by: Murray-Mint | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 08:37 | Quote
    I probably would use them a bit. I miss the old community a lot.
    Comment by: Bloodnose | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 05:10 | Quote
    Yes, absolutely! I miss them greatly.
    Comment by: Scummbuddy | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 02:07 | Quote
    Laserschwerts poster thread was a huge boon for the community. I certainly miss the general LucasArts talk area.
    Comment by: Daf | Posted 05 Apr, 2018, 01:34 | Quote
    Yes absolutely, idk if the community would be active enough to sustain them tho?
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 04 Apr, 2018, 22:44 | Quote
    I miss LucasForums. We probably don't need a forum for every game anymore, though :)
    Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 04 Apr, 2018, 22:10 | Quote
    I'd happily revive my "LucasArts Posters" thread.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 04 Apr, 2018, 22:05 | Quote
    I don't tweet, but sure, I need a place to talk about the (definitely) upcoming Vampyre Story sequels.