I have no clue what GLideN64 is, but they seem to be doing some good stuff

17 Jan, 2018, 04:50 | Posted by: Remi

This email thing -- write us at webmonkey@mixnmojo.com with news, etc. -- seems to be working out. No longer do we have to spend time finding news; instead people like Mojo-perenial Jones Jr. can email us instead of posting comments in unrelated news-items about what’s going on.

Like "GLide N64" trying to get support to emulate the forgotten classic-is Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. I mean, god, I haven’t tried to get the game working since about 2002, but here’s your chance -- boot up an N64 emulator and play the game, if you’re willing to pony up the bucks. I think. Something like that. Jones Jr. can correct me, I didn’t read his email that closely.

Back it at Indie Go Go -- Indie/Indy, get it?! -- and Battle for Naboo will be thrown in, too, but we won’t hold supporting that against you or them.

Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 10 Feb, 2018, 06:41 | Quote
    They have hit their target! 16 days till this closes and they get cracking! (although it looks like they have already made some progress)
    Comment by: Kolzig | Posted 24 Jan, 2018, 04:11 | Quote
    Infernal Machine was a rough game, but it was a classic because of a few reasons. The last Indy game from Hal Barwood and also the last proper Indy game with Doug Lee as the voice actor.

The easter egg was indeed awesome. I don't remember where did I learn about it first, but I had to see it in the game myself immediately back then.
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 23 Jan, 2018, 20:49 | Quote

Somewhat Respectable

I'm slightly tempted to boot up The Infernal Machine just for the awesome easter egg: https://youtu.be/RIfCnw6jmo0?t=12m55s

That is a great Easter Egg!
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 23 Jan, 2018, 20:49 | Quote
    I can't find anything about the N64 version having a higher polygon count than the PC version. The one thing people say is that the AI is better, which makes for a more difficult game. The PC version is easier, apparently. Both versions have their bugs (PC version with a camera glitch, N64 version with lasers passing through your targets).
    Comment by: Somewhat Respectable | Posted 22 Jan, 2018, 03:26 | Quote
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 21 Jan, 2018, 23:28 | Quote

ThunderPeel2001

Rogue Squadron is still on Steam... Is it not as good as the N64 version or something?

With the N64 expansion pack, both versions ran at 640x480, but Factor 5's N64 versions had a higher polygon count than the Windows versions.

And with modern emulator plugins, N64 games can run at higher resolutions as well.
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 21 Jan, 2018, 22:20 | Quote
    Comment by: shuv-oohl | Posted 19 Jan, 2018, 06:27 | Quote
    Yeah, those awesome Factor 5 N64 games never emulated properly, I remember I tried, and it failed. So I went and bought an N64 and Rogue Squadron and Infernal Machine and a CRT TV.
    Comment by: Jones Jr | Posted 18 Jan, 2018, 23:33 | Quote
    Yes, the email works!
    I'll leave Twitter to the kids and that orange bloke that is somehow in charge of the USA.

GLide N64 is a plugin for N64 emulators. The same team got high level emulation working for Rogue Squadron on the N64 last year.
    So once the development to sort out emulation for the Infernal Machine done the updated version of the plugin should be freely available for download. You then use this plugin with your N64 emulator. Then, finally, if you have the ROM file of the game you will finally be able to play it again.
    Unless you're still playing it on an actual N64/Windows 98 rig, and those things belong in a museum!

If they don't raise the funds it looks like they are going to crack on anyway, but it'll just take longer for them to do the doing.
    Good luck to them and thanks to Mojo for kicking in $10!
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 17 Jan, 2018, 04:54 | Quote