Finally! Deathspank now has a PC habitat to call his own

06 Oct, 2010, 18:31 | Posted by: Kroms | Source: Steam
October's a good month for Mixnmojo: Deathspank, Hothead's/Ron Gilbert's RPG/adventure game, is coming to the Master, Superior platform the PC on the 26th. Any ancients here, please note it is not coming out on that ancient artifact, the CD, but is downloadable: Thanks, Steam! Pre-order now for $13.49, or get it in a package with Shank for $25.48.

Right now, it is unknown whether the game comes with its sequel, Thongs of Virtue. This is the first game. Thongs of Virtue hasn't yet made it to Steam, but - in Hothead's own words - "stay tuned".

The Master Race that is the PC Gamer prevails.

Update: the game will be released for Mac, but a release date is yet to be announced.

Comment by: naxa | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 15:21 | Quote
    i'm an ancient. do you think is it possible that the dvd and the nicely painted paperbox will actually make it?
    Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 12 Oct, 2010, 03:35 | Quote

ThunderPeel2001

After all that moaning and moaning and moaning by you PC gamers, you better make this a huge success! :P

The main thing I'm worried about is whether they'll port it properly. Diablo-style games thrive on mouse control... will Hothead bother to implement that?
    Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 09 Oct, 2010, 11:50 | Quote
    Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 07 Oct, 2010, 18:05 | Quote
    Goddammit Tredlow, I was going to use that joke!

Great news, and hand on heart I will be buying it on 26th October.
    Comment by: tredlow | Posted 07 Oct, 2010, 04:10 | Quote
    WHERE IS THE WII VERSION?!! BLARGHEARGHEARGHEARGH!!

Nah, just kidding. This is enough for me to love Ron Gilbert again.
    Comment by: Aububuh | Posted 07 Oct, 2010, 03:46 | Quote
    Yay, a Mac version. My PC is too old to be able to run it, and I don't own any of the consoles it's on, so now I'll actually be able to play it.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 21:58 | Quote
    Thank you Hothead.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 21:16 | Quote
    Great news, even if I didn't really like the game in the end. I can see why a lot of people would like it. I'm a bit concerned (not surprised) that the game isn't coming out on Playgreenhouse. They stopped updating that site months ago. I wonder how long I'll be able to download my Penny Arcade episodes I purchased from that place :(.
    Comment by: Kroms | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 19:01 | Quote
    Not a fan of Steam, bombadil? How come?
    Comment by: Bombadil | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 18:47 | Quote
    It's good news, even though it is for Steam... :(

Judging by the price, I would guess it's only the first game/part/episode.
    Comment by: elTee | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 18:47 | Quote
    Boooo! ;-)
    Comment by: bgbennyboy | Posted 06 Oct, 2010, 18:38 | Quote
    Fantastic news. I have pre-ordered.