A video interview with Michael Land and Clint Bajakian

03 Oct, 2017, 15:34 | Posted by: Zaarin | Source: Vimeo

In case you missed it at the bottom of Remi's news post three weeks back, here's an hour long (almost) interview with composers Michael Land and Clint Bajakian about their days at LucasArts. It also gives us a chance to test out our new embed code for Vimeo. Mojo: Truly on the cutting edge of technology.

Comment by: J0j0 | Posted 10 Oct, 2017, 12:35 | Quote
    I am glad to see this interview posted up. Let's hope that Michael, Peter and Clint will collaborate again for a whole new adventure!!!
    Comment by: Gabez | Posted 10 Oct, 2017, 11:42 | Quote

Kolzig

Clint Bajakian hasn't had anything out in several years and even his latest games are of no interest to me. I can't imagine Uncharted having memorable music.

I only just discovered this, but Bajakian contributed several tracks to the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor soundtrack.

There's some really nice stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEl7L0QCUIg

I also wonder if he assisted (uncredited) on Psychonauts or did some early work for the game that wasn't used in the end? Just guessing from this photograph: https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Clint_Bajakian.JPG
    Comment by: shuv-oohl | Posted 08 Oct, 2017, 03:05 | Quote

Kolzig

Since the downfall of point and click adventures, the Uncharted series has been my favorite new game series. I've beaten every game in that series within 24 hours of its release, and the music is on par with the graphics fidelity, which is insane, especially when looking at the hardware it was released one.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 07 Oct, 2017, 20:26 | Quote

Kolzig

I have only really played bits and pieces of the Uncharted games when visiting friends as I don't own a console myself, but I remember the latest one as actually having a very effective soundtrack. There were even a couple of Monkey Island vibes in both the soundtrack and the game itself (as well as some direct references, like a portrait of Guybrush and his skeleton).

It's definitely a different kind of soundtrack than what you would hear in a more traditional adventure game, but the calm moments, where you're just exploring a pretty Indiana Jones like location or exotic town without a lot of crazy action all around you, really impressed me with how effective an atmospheric the sound design was. I actually had no idea that was done by Clint! Mind you, this is just based on a handful of short sessions of random parts of the game, I never played any of them through from beginning to end.
    Comment by: Kolzig | Posted 06 Oct, 2017, 07:41 | Quote
    I wish Michael Z. Land would compose more music.

The only one of the holy trio that is still really active with gaming scene is Peter McConnell with the Double Fine games.