Ron Gilbert's "The Cave" is now available for pre-order on Steam

09 Jan, 2013, 21:02 | Posted by: jp-30 | Source: Steam
Ron Gilbert's "The Cave" is now available for pre-order on Steam, here. The pre-order price is between US$14.99 and US$19.99 depending where you live (thanks SEGA). There's no firm release date yet, still just "January 2013".

People who pre-order also get some Cave related Team Fortress items.

Update: Looks to be US$14.99 on Greenman Gaming, regardless of territory.

Comment by: Melancholick | Posted 11 Jan, 2013, 01:21 | Quote
    Actually, it looks like we're due for that atomic-powered greatness about a week earlier:

OHYEH.
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 23:05 | Quote

Melancholick

Call me Squinky

Release date Jan 31st at midnight.

Wait, f'real?

I used alainmcd's voucher code on GMG and that's what it said after I bought it.
    Comment by: Melancholick | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 22:44 | Quote

Call me Squinky

Release date Jan 31st at midnight.

Wait, f'real?
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 22:42 | Quote
    Release date Jan 31st at midnight.
    Comment by: alainmcd | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 19:30 | Quote
    9,75€ on GMG with code GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1.
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 18:00 | Quote
    Pre-ordered on Steam - I'm excited! It was $14.99 - I live in Canada. There was no tax either! :D
    Comment by: GozzoMan | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 15:21 | Quote
    Ordered instantly! (And I usually boycott pre-orders.)
    12,99€ for Italy too.
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 12:10 | Quote

ClintRVA

Before I go spend $14.99 on the digital download, can anybody give me the scoop on a retail version? If? When? Where?

It's a small downloadable game like most of Double Fine's recent games (Costume Quest, Stacking, Iron Brigade, Double Fine Happy Action Theater 1&2. etc.). So, there's no retail release planned.

At least not yet.
    Comment by: ClintRVA | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 11:10 | Quote
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 10 Jan, 2013, 04:16 | Quote
    It's €12,99 here in the Netherlands. There's also a code for 20% off on the GMG mainsite, so that should help. You'll get a steam copy if you buy it from there, but I don't think you get the TF2-items that way, if you care about that sort of thing.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 09 Jan, 2013, 22:13 | Quote

Rerun

Looks like the pre-order is $14.99.

Mine is definitely US$19.99 - may be it's a territory thing as I'm outside the USA.
    Comment by: Rerun | Posted 09 Jan, 2013, 21:43 | Quote
    Looks like the pre-order is $14.99.