Telltale announces three sequels; one meh, one huh, one :D

19 Jul, 2017, 15:13 | Posted by: Remi

Let's get right to it!

First, Batman: The Enemy Within will be hitting computer and console platforms on August 8th, with iOS and Android to follow "later this year". The first game made Batman v Superman look like a laugh riot, so yeah... (I'll still play it, like the tool I am.)

Meanwhile, the franchise has finally been bled dry: The Walking Dead: The Final Season is scheduled for a 2018 release. Odds of Clementine surviving the season is if TTG's history is anything to go by, slim.

More importantly, The Wolf Among Us's sequel is also slated for 2018. I personally consider the Fables based game to be TTG's second best after Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse so hooray for that.

And, a video:

Comment by: Jason | Posted 22 Jul, 2017, 16:16 | Quote

Threepwood4life

Wasn't sure if anyone knew but Harvey Atkin, most known for voicing Sam in the Sam & Max animated series on Fox Kids and also from Meatballs and Cagney and Lacey passed away this week http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/830388/Harvey-Atkin-dead-Cagney-Lacey-Meatballs-actor-age-cancer

Upsetting. I'll write it up.
    Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 22 Jul, 2017, 15:05 | Quote
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 21 Jul, 2017, 23:53 | Quote

Javier Tolstoi

Is the tele-shopping-like behaviour of the announcers meant ironically?

Hahaha.

Comment by: Javier Tolstoi | Posted 21 Jul, 2017, 18:37 | Quote
    Is the tele-shopping-like behaviour of the announcers meant ironically?
    Comment by: Call me Squinky | Posted 19 Jul, 2017, 18:25 | Quote
    Speaking of Telltale they have a Humble Indie Bundle currently:

As for the announcements, I still enjoy the Walking Dead series, so looking forward to another season. A lot of people like the Wolf Among Us but I've yet to play it, will have to get around to that. Still haven't played the Devil's Playhouse either, though I played the first two Sam and Max seasons back in the day.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 19 Jul, 2017, 16:01 | Quote

AlfredJ

Am I a party pooper if it all registers as 'meh' to me? And I loved Wolf back in the day, but aren't all the golden era writers long gone at this point?

Don't ruin this for me. (Even though I agree. :~)
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 19 Jul, 2017, 15:50 | Quote

I haven't played every recent Telltale game, but of what I've seen, the writing doesn't make me confident about any future projects. Of course, I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.