Autumn Moon Entertainment News

New Ghost Pirates trailer

24 Nov, 2009, 04:38 | Posted by: Jason

Dtp entertainment has released a new teaser for Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island.

This is I believe the first available sample of the English voice work, and judging from the above trailer, which tells us little else, this area was well done.

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island is currently available in Germany, and will expand to other territories with full English voices in early 2010. Between this and Tales, 'tis a fine time to be a fan of swashbucklin' graphic adventures, and in both cases brought to you by LEC veterans.

Update by Zaarin: You may be interested in this here totally unrelated, but awesome, tribute to Monkey Island by Miquel Montllo.

• Comment by: ocki | Posted 15 Jan, 2010, 06:46
    Did I just jump in a time machine?
  • Comment by: Capn_Nacho | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 05:27
    Bill Tiller games just aren't for me, I guess.
  • Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 04:18
    Was that EMI Zombie LeChuck at .52?
  • Comment by: syntheticgerbil | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 15:28
    "Award winning writer Bill Tiller?" Did I miss something? What awards? Would he really be more well known as an award winning artist even if he did write the game?

Looks like fun though and the voices sound high quality for a small studio.

One negative comment though: What the fuck is wrong with their water?! Making good looking 3D water in a pirate game is essential. Why didn't he just reuse the techniques for the 3D water in Curse? Surely that was possible?
  • Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 04:17
    I'm with you about the 'award-winning writer' bit. Unless he won some things in Germany for A Vampyre Story, I'm betting he's won awards for art... and he just happens to be writing. Which is cheeky.
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 04:58

"...A Vampyre Story, [which] won awards including “Best Graphic Design 2008″ and “Reader’s Choice: Best Gameplay, Best Animation 2008″ from adventuregamers.com."

¬¬

• Comment by: Remi O | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 15:26
    Might be a bit of a hyperbole if that is the basis for being an "award winning" writer.
  • Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 25 Nov, 2009, 16:14
    It's sort of true, he's won awards and he's writing the game. He's just not 'award-winning' for his writing! :P
  • Comment by: Gabez | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 11:57
    Looks like he reused an idea he had in a Curse of Monkey Island concept art, of which he said: "Larry and Jonathan thought this might be a bit too wild."

Neat!

It's like a neat in-joke for sad nerds like me.
  • Comment by: Ascovel | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 21:50
    What idea?
  • Comment by: Gabez | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 22:23
    Can you not see the image?
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 17:43
    Penis tower?
  • Comment by: Erwin_Br | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 09:09
    Wow. My anticipation level raised 50% after seeing this. Awesome trailer!
  • Comment by: Murray the Chao | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 09:07
    Jane Starling kind of reminds me of Morgan le Flay.
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 09:41
    With bigger tits!
  • Comment by: elTee | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 08:13
    The main memory I have from that 74 seconds is the buxom cleavage of the female character. Good work, Bill!
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 09:42
    Suck on that, Evony.
  • Comment by: mish87 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 06:27
    This traler sucks less than the last one. The dramatic music did a lot for it.
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 09:43
    Though I HATE that font (still, if that's my biggest complaint, I think that's great).
  • Comment by: PirateKingChris | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 05:55
    The animation doesn't look the smoothest, but backgrounds and character designs look beautiful, and the sound is good...
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 06:50
    Animation looked fine to me.
  • Comment by: Udvarnoky | Posted 24 Nov, 2009, 04:40
    I don't know any more about the story or gameplay than I did before and I wouldn't call this the best assembled trailer I've ever seen, but the backgrounds, animation and voicework all look great. Can't wait.