More LucasArts Veterans Leave Telltale

13 Aug, 2014, 21:20 | Posted by: Jennifer
According to his LinkedIn profile, Mike Stemmle (co-creator of Sam & Max Hit the Road and Escape from Monkey Island) left Telltale Games back in May. His credits list the first version of The Wolf Among Us, before it was redesigned, and Tales from the Borderlands. So, we'll likely see a little bit of Michael Stemmle's work in the next few months when Telltale's Borderlands series starts.

Now, IGN is reporting that Dave Grossman (co-creator of Monkey Island 1+2 and Day of the Tentacle) has left Telltale too. Now, more than even before, it feels like the end of an era. We at Mojo wish Mr. Stemmle and Mr. Grossman the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Comment by: hierohero | Posted 17 Aug, 2014, 09:17 | Quote
    Can't wait til Telltale start making star wars games due to marketplace realities...
    Comment by: Jon N/A | Posted 15 Aug, 2014, 19:52 | Quote

Rum Rogers

Dave HAS to go work for Double Fine.
    It is simply mandatory!

Hmm... The Odd Gentleman's working on King's Quest and Dave worked on it at TellTale... what if he's joining them to make a use for all his KQ research and ideas? If that's possible legally and if that's indeed the case, I hope he's working with them temporarily like Ron did with Double Fine. I'd like Dave to work at Double Fine too. But, I'd love to see his take on KQ as well.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 15 Aug, 2014, 07:02 | Quote
    Fun fact: We broke Grossman leaving MONTHS ago, inadvertently as it may have been, on Twitter.
    Comment by: Rum Rogers | Posted 14 Aug, 2014, 18:44 | Quote
    By the way, did you guys knew about this Lego SCUMM bar project?
    It's gaining a lot of supporters (1.3K in a few days) and it may become an official set if it reaches 10K supporters in time (that is 340 days).
    If someone can make it happen, that's Mojo posting this news.
    I'm not spamming, it's not something of my own creation, I would just LOVE to see that beauty in stores! I guess I'm not the only one on Mojo who would buy it once or twice!
    Sorry to inform you guys from the comments section (again), but the Mojo mail server seems broken.
    Comment by: Melancholick | Posted 14 Aug, 2014, 18:10 | Quote

Rum Rogers

Dave HAS to go work for Double Fine.
    It is simply mandatory!

Agreed. And now that we've got a two-person consensus, I see no reason why this won't naturally occur.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 14 Aug, 2014, 12:59 | Quote
    Can't wait to see what they do next, especially in this brave new world of crowd funded adventure games. I'm grateful that we got some great Sam & Max games and a great Monkey Island during their tenure. We definitely profited.

Comment by: Kroms | Posted 14 Aug, 2014, 11:04 | Quote
    I think that's almost all of the original Telltale lot gone. Man.
    Comment by: Rum Rogers | Posted 13 Aug, 2014, 22:15 | Quote
    Dave HAS to go work for Double Fine.
    It is simply mandatory!