Haden Blackman founds Fearless Studios

14 Oct, 2010, 23:09 | Posted by: Jason | Source: Gamasutra
Having recently departed from LucasArts after over ten years as a writer and producer for all manner of Star Wars games, Haden Blackman has revealed that he has founded his own game development company, Fearless Studios, in Marin County with fellow LEC alumnus Cedrick Collomb, engineering director on The Force Unleashed series. Check this:

Creativity and business savvy aren't mutually exclusive, Blackman asserts, and assuming they are is where most creatively-motivated endeavors tend to founder. "I think that's the problem a lot of people fall into," he says. "You can combine existing mechanics and technology, and still take a risk on art style and things, and still build a big mainstream game."

It's that happy medium he hopes to find with Fearless Studios, says Blackman. "I really want to build big, story-driven action games," he says. "And I'm a big horror buff; I would love to do a horror game. That's kind of where our headspace is at right there."

Emphasis mine. Whatever type of game Fearless ends up producing, it's a safe bet it's going to be worth keeping an eye out for. Read the whole interview with Blackman about the studio's genesis and his vision for it. The Mixers of all things Mojo wish them the best of fortunes.

Comment by: Jeff | Posted 18 Oct, 2010, 15:26 | Quote
    Very intriguing, regardless of the end product's quality I thought Haden did good work on The Force Unleashed and look forward to seeing what he's got in store here. I imagine it will be at least a year until we hear anything about a game however.
    Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 14:46 | Quote

elTee

He probably means the remake. I hope he means the remake ;-)

Yep.
    Comment by: elTee | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 10:20 | Quote
    He probably means the remake. I hope he means the remake ;-)
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 02:14 | Quote
    As if Alone in the Dark wasn't the greatest thing ever when it came out.
    Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 01:57 | Quote
    I sincerely hope him luck and will be looking forward to playing his game, especially if it's original as he's suggesting! A big, epic, story-driven horror game? Count me in! Just make it better than Alone In The Dark.
    Comment by: tfarr | Posted 15 Oct, 2010, 00:18 | Quote
    I wish him luck... but bare in mind, this is the guy (on the LucasArts end) that was heavily responsible for the disaster that was: Star Wars Galaxies.