Go psycho/nuts for the first Psychonauts 2 trailer

07 Dec, 2018, 06:29 | Posted by: Kroms | Source: YouTube
Psychonauts 2 just got its first trailer, courtesy of the Game Awards. It's lookin' pretty good. The stylish art design makes for a pleasing combination with the shiny new graphics engine.

Psychonauts 2 is scheduled for 2019 and will come to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux.

The game's Fig campaign is still open, if you want to pitch in.

I'd forgotten how funny the Ford Cruller reveal was in the original, including that dumb joke about bacon. Also, I'd somehow never noticed that his appearance seems to be based on Kurt Vonnegut. Is that just me? Things to muse on as you take the opportunity to revisit Peter McConnell's beautiful Psychonauts soundtrack. I've never been out in a cabin without having "Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp" in my head.

Alternatively, revisit the work of Scott C., who was largely responsible for the look of the original game. His art's harder to emulate than it looks, I've come to learn.

Comment by: ThunderPeel2001 | Posted 09 Dec, 2018, 13:11 | Quote
    Wows. This looks GREAT! Please don’t mess it up, please don’t mess it up
    Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 08 Dec, 2018, 23:08 | Quote
    Man, rendering quality looks like a freaking Pixar movie...
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 07 Dec, 2018, 19:09 | Quote

Kroms

I don't know if it's just you, but other than the mustache, I'm not seeing it. I mean, both Kurt's thick coiffure and look of general displeasure are clearly missing.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 07 Dec, 2018, 17:06 | Quote
    Cannot wait to play a new video game for the first time in 55 years when this comes out.
    Comment by: Melancholick | Posted 07 Dec, 2018, 16:09 | Quote
    Yes, I'll take all of this, please. Preferably delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 07 Dec, 2018, 11:42 | Quote