Autumn Moon Entertainment News

Ghost Pirates haunt Germany

06 Nov, 2009, 18:12 | Posted by: Kroms
Autumn Moon Entertainment have today released their second game, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island. In Germany, I mean. The game had Curse of Monkey Island background artist and A Vampyre Story creator Bill Tiller at the helm, and was developed by his company Autumn Moon Entertainment. It follows a trio of ghosts trying to regain their human form. You can buy it from here for €37, or a little cheaper from Amazon.de. Don't know cheaper for how long, though. If a game doesn't sell or is old enough the price goes up, so keep that in mind.

Unfortunately, the game has been released with neither English voices nor subtitles. But there's a new trailer on the website, as well as the complete soundtrack available for download seven tracks available for streaming.

An announcement on an English version is forthcoming. In the meantime, comments from anyone who bought the game are appreciated.

jp update: The german version is confirmed to have english subtitles... but it looks like you need to do a little poking around with the game files to enable them.

• Comment by: Udvarnoky | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 01:49
    Good to know that there are English subtitles, but I'll happily wait for the Bay Area Sound English voicework.
  • Comment by: MrSneeze | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 12:31
    The subtitle in the 2nd picture sounds like a line from an Ed Wood film. :S
  • Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 18:45
    Yeah, it's clunky enough to read. I wonder how it will sound.
  • Comment by: Udvarnoky | Posted 07 Nov, 2009, 21:25
    Bring on the English version. It's interesting waiting for the English localization of a game originally written in English. But then, what would we do without German publishers making Autumn Moon's games exist in the first place?
  • Comment by: MrSneeze | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 00:07
    Especially Bad Brain Entertainment.
  • Comment by: Udvarnoky | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 01:36
    You missed the key word "exists."
  • Comment by: MrSneeze | Posted 08 Nov, 2009, 12:30
    Nah, I just opted to ignore it. :D
  • Comment by: Remi O | Posted 06 Nov, 2009, 19:10
    Try as I might I just can't get very excited about this game. While the backgrounds look awesomely Tiller, the zooms and animation make it look like a poorly made Nickelodeon cartoon, killing off any and all atmosphere.
  • Comment by: Laserschwert | Posted 06 Nov, 2009, 18:25
    I still have to get the game, but the music samples (which certainly aren't the COMPLETE soundtrack of the game) sound VERY "Monkey Island"ish. Nice!
  • Comment by: Kroms | Posted 06 Nov, 2009, 18:34
    It's weird. On one part of the site, it says "complete", but now that I check, it's only seven tracks. I'm a little confused. Maybe it's bad translation?
  • Comment by: Kroms | Posted 06 Nov, 2009, 18:37
    I changed it accordingly because I can't find where I saw the bit about the music. I must be imagining things.

Thanks for the correction. (You guys do a better job of updating than I do.)