Full Throttled Remastered trailer

02 Dec, 2016, 20:40 | Posted by: Jason | Source: Youtube

Let's get right to it.

Gonna be a treat to hear Roy Conrad's gravelly voice uncompressed after all these years.

Comment by: Pohev | Posted 10 Dec, 2016, 15:01 | Quote
    Seriously no MAC or iOS version?
    Comment by: Shmargin | Posted 05 Dec, 2016, 20:51 | Quote
    When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible...No one can stop me... But they try...
    Comment by: Melancholick | Posted 03 Dec, 2016, 07:54 | Quote

AlfredJ

[The shots with the bike are interesting, as the bike looks quite different now. I'm guessing they're either remodeling the 3d models and it's not quite done yet, or at least retexturing them if they managed to get the original 3d models.

It looks like they're definitely making new cinematics from scratch, which is awesome. As fun as Grim Fandango was in it's resurrected form, the use of those ancient pre-rendered sequences was an absolutely awful decision.
    Comment by: Remi | Posted 03 Dec, 2016, 04:37 | Quote
    Roy Conrad, what a pro. Greatly missed.
    Comment by: manny_c44 | Posted 02 Dec, 2016, 23:25 | Quote
    Looks pretty good, actually the only part that kind of stuck out to me was the regular Ben player-character (when he jumps out of the dumpster at the end), the face is a bit off-- looks too old and off-model.

[EDIT]...actually now that I've looked at it a bit closer I see many things that kind of lack the art of the original creation...like the backgrounds of the original: though they had strictly limited-palettes they were not vector art, they were pixel art. The newer renditions are very flat.

Look at the NPCs, specifically the guys in the bar. In the original game, if you look at the two guys arm wrestling- the guy on the left has the brachioradialis muscle defined (though very pixelated) while in the new version it's just totally ignored. I know that reads like total pedantry, but it's just something the original artist thought was important when rendering an arm while the new one left it out.

The careful color selection in the on-bike sequences is gone and replaced with something that doesn't match the palette of the rest of the game.

The remakes (including DOTT here) just don't sizzle with quality like the originals. Hi-resolution vector treatments of the original art are pretty cool though I don't want to harsh on DF's effort.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 02 Dec, 2016, 23:08 | Quote

Threepwood4life

Also comparison screenshots too http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/12/02/13-new-full-throttle-remastered-screenshots

Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 02 Dec, 2016, 23:06 | Quote
    Can't wait for this. I'm getting the same first impression I had with DOTT - that the remastered trailer didn't seem quite right to me - but once I actually started playing the game all that worry melted away and it turned into the definitive version of the game for me (just like Grim actually, and unlike the Monkey remakes). I have no doubt this will be just as special.
    Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 02 Dec, 2016, 22:25 | Quote