Double Fine News

Double Fine Hacked Confused

16 Nov, 2002, 16:04 | Posted by: Jake
Double Fine Action News has seemingly been hacked by the notorious hacker c|-|4R4cT3Rm4p. Your thoughts?

Update: Some think it's some sort of secret code. No way in Hell it was written by Schafer, though. I think he died or something. Well, don't rule Hell out then I guess.

Most likely it is just the server (or Tim) losing its mind and coughing up randomness.

• Comment by: zebulon | Posted 19 Nov, 2002, 04:48
    In his last update, he's talking about some hermit crabs and a sewing kit... What the hell does that mean ? ;))
  • Comment by: Marek | Posted 19 Nov, 2002, 06:11
    Isn't it OBVIOUS??
  • Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 19 Nov, 2002, 12:56
  • Comment by: ZeroXcape | Posted 18 Nov, 2002, 10:32
  • Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 15:21
    Just for the record, a little tally: How many poor suckers are actually trying to decipher what the Jabberwock has sent?
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 18 Nov, 2002, 17:33
  • Comment by: 8-Bit Plumber | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 09:27
    Is that U83r-l33t 5p34k, or just regular?
  • Comment by: Marek | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 03:37
    As for my theory what happened, I think the tubes may have finally burst under the pressure. Now it's leaking ASCII gibberish. Poor Tim...
  • Comment by: Marek | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 03:35
    I love the ? character. I didn't even know it existed! There's so much to learn at

• Comment by: JBRAA | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 06:06
    Marek I must reply. You didn't know it existed? Heh!

The 'white box' is the notorious 'new line command' (enter) when the readerapplication like Notepad cannot convert one .txt format to another .txt format. Yes there are 3 or so different .txt formats. Heh. Say hello or wave hi to your new friends: П Ф ж ? ∆ ∞ ? ₫
    I have no idea when they take a part of ones everyday computing. ? H
  • Comment by: Marek | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 08:12
    You're seeing a white box? Then your browser is apparently unable to display the awesome bullet-with-a-5-in-it character.
  • Comment by: JBRAA | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 10:12
    This is what I see with my Windows 2000 Pro (Swedish version) and Internet Explorer 5.50 (Swedish version)

??|?L, ????, ?E?

I don't see any bullet-with-a-5-in-it character. Probably need English windows version. Wow. Try this. Alt+1138 =
  • Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 11:30
    1) Characters differ on different standards, and

2) Marek my ass!

• Comment by: Marek | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 11:45
    Cool! Is there an ASCII code for jake or spaff too? *starts trying random numbers*
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 17 Nov, 2002, 02:01
    If it's encrypted, it's not ROT-something. You'd expect to see a repeated character (the zero in 2002), but there is none. If it's a bunch of crazy junk to make a bunch of loons ponder over its meaning, my guess is that it'll work.

Well, back to doing something worthless. (It's what I'm good at.)
  • Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 16 Nov, 2002, 19:26
    The ASCII value of the date is 47 and the line afterwards is 7... I think... What is that Douglas Adams number again?
  • Comment by: NeuroticJuicer | Posted 16 Nov, 2002, 19:45
    42... and so you lose. better luck next time!
  • Comment by: El_Pollo_Diablo | Posted 16 Nov, 2002, 17:39
    That looks like rat-care to me, Let me get my rat-care translation book:

[Finds Book]

It says: Hello, My name is Jeromy, I am a rat please save me from the evil programmers.

P.S. I hate Parmesan cheese, so could I have Cheddar instead.

P.P.S. Cheers!