Articles

Coding for Charity: COVID-19 01 Aug, 2020 / 4 comments

I am currently doing a Coding for COVID-19 fundraiser. This is a game making fund drive with funds being raised through the West Elmira Computers Museum, with game development by my company Cydoca Entertainment with support by Double Fine through use of their intellectual property.

All proceeds go to charity. 90% of proceeds will be split up evenly among Doctors without Borders, Direct Relief, and Action Against Hunger. The remaining 10% will go to the West Elmira Computer Museum.

Three games are currently being developed: a conversion of Host Master and the Conquest of Humor from Flash to Wintermute, A Host Master Carol - a sequel that sees Tim Schafer work with himself in three time periods to make sure he has a game for each time he hosts, and OpenQuest II, a sequel to Michael Sheail's OpenQuest that takes place right where the last one left off. All games will be available for Linux, Mac, and Windows through ScummVM. More games will be added as the charity drive goes on.

To support the fundraiser, visit https://donorbox.org/coding-for-covid/

The West Elmira Computers Museum is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 83-2343976. Your contributions may be tax-deductible.

4 Comments

  • Avatar
    Jennifer on 04 Aug, 2020, 16:29…
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support. I just decided earlier today to make a demo for A Host Master Carol, so I'll try to have that out soon.

    I'm learning Adobe Premiere (previously I've used Avidemux, but Premiere is more feature-rich out of the box), so once I get the knack of it, I'll try to make semi-regular videos about the process too. :)
  • Avatar
    ThunderPeel2001 on 03 Aug, 2020, 12:01…
    Donated!
  • Avatar
    AlfredJ on 02 Aug, 2020, 19:32…
    This is great, very cool of you to do!
  • Avatar
    Kroms on 01 Aug, 2020, 22:36…
    That's pretty amazing, Jen!

Add a comment

What?! You're not registered? You better go and do so now! Or, simply log in: