Telltale Teasing The Key Party

29 Mar, 2013, 23:38 | Posted by: Jennifer

Update 3/29: For those still interested, the last two keychains on the Key Party website were Claptrap's eye and a companion cube for GLaDOS. Now we'll just have to wait until Monday to see how much information on Poker Night 2 Telltale plans to release, and if the Key Party theme actually ties into the game somehow.

Update 3/27 #2: It turns out it is indeed Poker Night 2. The box art and screenshots have been found on the xbox.com website. So, it seems the game will be available for at least PC/Mac and Xbox 360. The characters are Sam, Brock, and Ash (as already revealed), as well as Claptrap from Borderlands 2 (rather than Handsome Jack as previously assumed). GlaDOS from Portal seems to be taking the place of Reginald Van Winslow as the host.

Update 3/27: The Key Party site now has a keychain with the Necronomicon for Ash.

Update 3/26: The website hasn't been updated yet but the key was revealed on Adult Swim, and retweeted by Telltale. As expected, it's Brock from Venture Bros. (the keychain of his big knife, which will also be a Team Fortress 2 unlock). It will be interesting to see what keychains they use for Evil Dead's Ash, Borderland's Handsome Jack, and Portal's Chell, Wheatley, or GlaDOS (that one's harder to pinpoint, since the boots can belong to any of them).

Update 3/25: The first key is up, and it's a key to a DeSoto. So, that means it's Sam's. So it looks like The Key Party is indeed the Poker Night sequel (which the background for the key text pretty much gave away anyway as it matches Poker Night's user interface). Although whether it's another card game or an entirely new genre altogether is still up in the air.

Original post 3/22: Telltale has unveiled a website called The Key Party. The website claims that the answer as to what The Key Party is will be revealed on April 1st.

However, we'll most likely get some clues before hand, since if you mouse over the key, you'll see that the "guests will start to arrive March 25th, 2013".

So what is it? Poker Night 2? Fables? King's Quest? Theodore Dudebrough's Excellent Adventure? Your guess is as good as ours.

Comment by: Threepwood4life | Posted 01 Apr, 2013, 14:29 | Quote
    Teaser trailer is up
    Comment by: Lucien21 | Posted 31 Mar, 2013, 04:59 | Quote
    So this is obviously an April Fools Joke then??
    Comment by: clone2727 | Posted 28 Mar, 2013, 01:21 | Quote
    Brock and Ash? Where's Misty? This is an outrage!
    Comment by: black_sheep | Posted 27 Mar, 2013, 16:56 | Quote

Jennifer

Shmargin

Meh, I know the first Poker Night was pretty popular, but buying a poker game when I own a deck of cards, and can get 1,000,000,000 free poker games for every device I own, I cant see buying this one just for funny commentary from the characters.

It might not actually be a poker game (Poker Night 2 could have been a working title that they just used on Steam for simplicity's sake).

I'm actually hoping that it's not. It would be great if it were murder at the inventory (which was hinted at in Poker Night's files, although this could just be a hint towards the Make a Scene With Telltale at PAX where they staged Strong Sad's murder).

Sorry to burst your bubble, it indeed is Poker Night 2, without "The Inventory", even.
    Looks pretty cool, though!
    Comment by: Jennifer | Posted 26 Mar, 2013, 22:29 | Quote

Shmargin

Comment by: Shmargin | Posted 25 Mar, 2013, 21:46 | Quote
    Comment by: MrManager | Posted 25 Mar, 2013, 18:24 | Quote
    I'm with jp on this one; clearly a swingers party.
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 23 Mar, 2013, 14:22 | Quote
    I do feel kind of bad for the guys working on this that the reveal got spoiled by that TF2 update. Doesn't help that the art on that site matches the UI in Poker Night 1 though. Still looking forward to it though. They managed to pick up some pretty awesome licenses this time. Portal, Sam & Max and Evil Dead are among my favorite things ever, and I just started watching Venture Bros which is excellent as well. I played a couple of hours of the first Borderlands, but none of that really appeals to me. Still, 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 23 Mar, 2013, 11:32 | Quote
    It is absolutely Poker Night 2.
    Comment by: clone2727 | Posted 23 Mar, 2013, 01:43 | Quote
    April 1? I'll believe it on April 2.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 22 Mar, 2013, 18:09 | Quote
    Swingers Night at the Inventory.