Adventure News

Heather Logas Strikes Back

25 Jan, 2010, 04:13 | Posted by: Gabez | Source: Poem of the Week
No doubt you'll remember Heather Logas, a story writer and games designer on both series of Sam & Max (see our interview) and who recently left Telltale Games to work on her own projects.

Well, this is her own project. It's a new kind of concept that involves people pledging some money to support a game, a bit like patronising a playwright in Elizabethan times. If you pledge some money, you get free gifts, and the knowledge that you have supported creativity and artistic freedom.

The game itself? It is based on a choose your own adventure dynamic, like those books that told you to make decisions and then either go to page 42 or page 205. It is also about dreams.

For more information, and to watch a video of Ms Logas talking about her game, click here.

• Comment by: Heatherlee | Posted 01 Feb, 2010, 02:30
    Hey guys, there are only 21 hours left to back the project! Its at 82% funded right now so we just need a little push to make it in time!

My dad will love this:" It's worth mentioning that her father is Jerry Logas, who provided the music for Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, so that gives her a bit more street cred."
  • Comment by: Kroms | Posted 25 Jan, 2010, 07:15
    I've known about this for a while; been meaning to update, but I keep forgetting (even though I've donated a little). It's worth mentioning that her father is Jerry Logas, who provided the music for Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, so that gives her a bit more street cred.
  • Comment by: Gabez | Posted 25 Jan, 2010, 07:16
    Really? I think she has enough "street cred" on her own actually.
  • Comment by: Kroms | Posted 25 Jan, 2010, 07:50
    I said "bit more". She's upgraded from "enough" to "with spare change".
  • Comment by: elTee | Posted 25 Jan, 2010, 14:15
    Unless she only got the gig through nepotism (or vice versa) in which case, I hate them both.

(I'm sure they didn't!)