Man destroys God. Telltale creates dinosaurs

08 Jun, 2010, 20:02 | Posted by: jp-30 | Source: GamrFeed
Well, here's a rumour of a fantastic license that nobody would have picked.

GamrFeed

The rumormill is alive and well the week before E3 with all kinds of speculation and hopefuls for the show. This news is reportedly legitimate, however, from TheNPC's which says that developer Telltale Games (known best for the Sam & Max titles and a few episodes of Tales of Monkey Island) has "confirmed that they are making an episodic Jurassic Park game across multiple platforms in this month's Game Informer."

God help us, we're in the hands of engineers.

Bring on E3!

Update by Jason: There's a write-up over at GameInformer that includes this:

Telltale has a new deal with NBC Universal to create games based on their intellectual properties. The first game under the deal will be a full "season" using the Jurassic Park license. It's unclear how many episodes that will entail, but previous Telltale seasons have lasted between four and six episodes, with one episode released every month.

Telltale CEO Dan Connors described the project: "For Jurassic Park, we will leverage Telltale's expertise in storytelling and game design to deliver on the tension and drama of the series creating the ultimate cinematic adventure."

Comment by: QueZTone | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 11:20 | Quote
    Wow, they've really caught some great licenses!
    Comment by: jannar85 | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 10:40 | Quote
    Interesting. I'm looking forward to the next TT game.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 08:17 | Quote
    The first one at least, Kroms! Or read the book,
    Comment by: Kroms | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 06:36 | Quote
    I'm confused and excited. This is confusing and exciting. I should probably watch those movies, though.
    Comment by: Haggis | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 06:08 | Quote
    Grrrr... stop making games based on licences that I'm interested in! I hear my poor wallet groaning...
    Comment by: AlfredJ | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 05:41 | Quote
    What in the world? I never, ever saw something like this coming, at least not in this stage of Telltale's life. I can't really believe it, but I guess Game Informer is pretty reliable, right? This is pretty damn amazing. I think the only NBC-franchise that had a bigger impact on my childhood is Back to the Future, but Jurassic Park was huge as well. I can remember me and my brother hiding behind the seats in front of us in the cinema when the T-rex first appeared. Man, that's a long time ago.

Very confused and excited about this.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 09 Jun, 2010, 00:11 | Quote
    I wonder what the deal entails - I can't imagine Telltale having an exclusive license, but I wonder if they get first right of refusal on new movies/shows (or old ones, for that matter).

And I wonder if this excludes Telltale from getting licences from rival entertainment companies?
    Comment by: BillieJoe86 | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 23:37 | Quote
    Amazing news!!!!
    Comment by: 8 of 12 | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 23:05 | Quote
    It'd be nice to see a Jurassic Park game done properly for once. :)
    Comment by: The Tingler | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 21:50 | Quote
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Will wait and see on this one. Very interesting and strange choice.
    Comment by: Kolzig | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 21:36 | Quote
    Holy crap!

Here's hoping for Jeff Goldgame Goldblum as a voice ac tor!
    Comment by: Logic | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 21:02 | Quote
    If they can get Jeff Goldblum to voice his character, I'll be all over this.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 20:25 | Quote
    @ Jason

Back To The Future! Holy hell.

I wonder if it extends to Universal Music as well? ;)

U2 adventure. Ep 1: Bono's Back rehab.
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 20:18 | Quote

jp-30

Yeah, it's awesome. Let's speculate on other NBC universal franchises ripe for the Telltale picking..

The Office
    Law and Order
    Community
    30 Rock

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

And those are just the TV licenses. NBC Universal owns Universal Studios, hence the availability of Jurassic Park. A few minor franchises under that banner include Jaws, Back to the Future, E.T. It's wide open.
    Comment by: jp-30 | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 20:14 | Quote

The Office
    Law and Order
    Community
    30 Rock

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Comment by: Jason | Posted 08 Jun, 2010, 20:10 | Quote
    Insane and exciting news!