Double Fine News

Because You Love Them

21 Jan, 2003, 16:22 | Posted by: Jake
Here are the missing four Psychonauts screenshots. If you missed the ten from yesterday you can catch them here. Two of these shots originally ran in a recent Game Informer, while two ran in Official XBox Magazine. Now they run, in digital form, on The Mojo.

• Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 24 Jan, 2003, 05:08
    I notice they have increased the number of polygons on Raz. I am not sure but I seem to recall the belt around his shoulder to be a difuse texture; part of the clothes - and now it has some dimension.
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 24 Jan, 2003, 16:22
    Yeah, actually, his eyes have changes quite a bit. They're now purty... and sellout. (btw.. in case you haven't noticed, i'm having fun flooding these topics.)
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 24 Jan, 2003, 13:26
    And yes, that is an impressive number of polygons. I have #3 (resized and all blurry and crappy) as my background.
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 24 Jan, 2003, 07:44
    Old shots:
    1 2

I'll try to scrounge up the first 6 released, but I'm too lazy now.
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 17:23
    Also, what happened to this "couple of others" of which you spoke?
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 09:41
    Two more comments:
    1)Raz's shadow under the ball of light looks kind of funny...
    2)I wonder what the controls/camera will be like. My suggestions: Ico or Halo (depending on desired person).
  • Comment by: Jake | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 10:45
    I don't think there will be any first person elements of Psychonauts
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 13:53
    I wouldn't think so.. but I still want some camera control.
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 09:28
    Furthermore, I think they should up the texture detail. It always pisses me off when a game is so good visually, except that uses crappy low-res textures. Ico was forced to, because the PS2 sux0rs, but Psychonauts has no excuse. (Don't worry -- despite the fact that I personify games, I never talk to them (I'm always worried I'll say the wrong thing (tut tut ching).).)
  • Comment by: twifkak | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 09:25
    Say what you will, but I'm thinking I might actually prefer a platformer from Schafer/Shaffer/Schaefer for a change. *ducks* Where? *Shenmue II, you idiot* Oh.

Also, it's never a good sign when you can tell a game contains a bad pun simply by a screenshot.
  • Comment by: Kingzjester | Posted 22 Jan, 2003, 02:32
    Love the jared (jarred?) brain.
  • Comment by: Paco | Posted 21 Jan, 2003, 19:39
    Great stuff. Especially the fourth image.